- This event has passed.
Trauma-Focused Therapy for Autistic Children: Using EMDR, TF-CBT and Sensorimotor Therapy with Kids and Teens on the Spectrum – Live Webinar
March 15 @ 7:00 am - 3:00 pm MST
So many kids today are on the autism spectrum…and up to 70% of them have trauma or other co-occurring disorders. It’s a rapidly growing population needing services.
And if you provide therapy for kids and adolescents, the current lack of those services will push them into your care… and push you beyond your traditional scope of practice.
How can you work with this growing wave of trauma clients in a way you feel comfortable?
Sean Inderbitzen, APSW has worked with hundreds of clients with autism and co-occurring disorders. And not only does Sean work with clients with autism he himself is on the autism spectrum.
In this live one-day training Sean will show you simple solutions for adapting the skills and techniques you already know to successfully treat trauma in kids and adolescents with autism.
Full of insights from the perspective of both a clinician and a person on the spectrum, Sean will show you how you can:
- Use strategies for overcoming therapy interfering behaviors and concrete thinking
- Employ a Polyvagal lens to make trauma treatment clear and understandable
- Create visual aids for enhanced psychoeducation on trauma symptoms
- Bring specific simplified language into your work with ASD clients
- Adapt proven techniques from EMDR, TF-CBT and Sensorimotor Psychotherapy
Whether or not you consider yourself an autism expert, these kids and teens need your help.
Don’t miss this one-of-kind chance to grow your clinical skills and expand your scope of practice, so you can comfortably and confidently treat trauma in kids with autism.