- This event has passed.
My Ears Are Causing Me To Fall? Understanding And Treating Vestibular Hypofunction – Live Webinar
March 14 @ 6:00 pm - 8:00 pm MST
The vestibular system is a small balance system that is located behind the inner ear. In this course, you will learn what causes one of the most common issues with the vestibular system: hypofunction. Discussions will include vestibular anatomy and physiology, common causes and symptoms of hypofunction, medical and clinical testing for hypofunction, and treatment strategies to reduce symptoms and improve balance.
At the end of this course, the participant will be able to:
- Understand the basic anatomy and physiology of the vestibular system
- Understand the signs, symptoms, and causes of vestibular hypofunction
- Describe medical testing that can be performed to diagnose vestibular hypofunction
- Perform a basic evaluation, including clinical testing, for vestibular hypofunction
- Be able to select appropriate treatments, write goals, and perform documentation for vestibular hypofunction