- This event has passed.
The New Era of Anxiety: Helping Clients Navigate Stress, Fear, Loss & Grief During Turbulent Times – Live Webinar
March 25 @ 9:00 am - 5:00 pm MST
In today’s world where the only norm seems to be that things are ever-changing, the stress we and our clients are feeling is skyrocketing. And in the absence of anchors like familiarity and routine, symptoms of anxiety and depression are amplified.
Family rifts, financial strain, fears about health, economic strife, systemic racism, and grief are just a few of the compounded and pervasive challenges clients are facing today. Fueled by 24/7 news and other media exposure, ambient anxiety is real and rampant—for everyone.
So how do you, the clinician, effectively treat clients while you’re simultaneously navigating your own stress, fear, loss, and grief?
Join anxiety and depression expert and author, Margaret Wehrenberg, PsyD, as she builds on her 10 Best Ever Treatment Techniques to give you a complete set of new interventions to help you skillfully work with your client’s most difficult, recurring or unearthed anxieties.
You will learn strategies to help your clients:
- Apply logic effectively to illogical anxiety
- Cope with panic and fear when threats are real
- Address loss and grief – anniversaries reawaken losses, it’s not depression!
- Restore meaning and purpose in day-to-day life through routine and ritual
- Define anchor points and boundary setting when time is blurred
- Manage guilt, jealousy, disappointment, and perceptions
- Discern between anxiety and unacknowledged grief
- Apply remedies for the new stresses related to emerging from isolation, including fear of safety in social environments
What’s more, you’ll also learn proven techniques to defray the toll teletherapy takes on your energy and emotional wellbeing.
Do not miss this opportunity to gain these unbeatable anxiety and depression techniques to help your clients reclaim joy even when they feel the sand is shifting under their feet.