- This event has passed.
Suicide Assessment and Intervention: Assess Suicidal Ideation and Effectively Intervene in Crisis Situations with Confidence, Composure and Sensitivity – Live Webinar
March 28 @ 6:00 am - 2:00 pm MST
Losing a client to suicide is your worst nightmare. And there inevitably comes a time when the suicidal client is more than just an intangible dread. When an actual person, suffering and sitting in your office, reveals they are having suicidal thoughts. Many clinicians are left feeling unprepared, frightened, and unsure what to do next. The weight of keeping someone alive can steer you in the direction of avoidance. Desperate and alone, suicidal clients can find themselves passed from one therapist to the next. And that’s not care.
Don’t let fear push you away.
This seminar will transform how you view and work with suicidal clients and give you the clinical tools you need to save lives.
Full of thought provoking lecture, engaging case studies, and guided instruction on a host of powerful clinical applications, this seminar will provide you with the tools you need to:
- Assess for suicidal risk and identify implicit and explicit expressions of suicidal thought.
- Formulate a game-plan for crises when suicide is imminent.
- Intervene in suicidal despair with proactive approaches derived from the evidence based efficacy of CBT and DBT.
- Effectively use targeted language with suicidal clients that will help you avoid stigma and successfully communicate your compassion.
- Provide innovative grief support resources that connect clients and clinicians with other survivors of suicide and suicide loss.
Leave this seminar feeling confident and capable to work with suicidal clients and guide them out of the darkness and back into the light!