“Break Through” Self-Regulation Interventions for Children and Adolescents with Autism, ADHD, Sensory or Emotional Challenges – Live Webinar
February 23 @ 6:00 am - 2:00 pm MST
Message from Your Presenter …
No one ever said that working with children with autism, ADHD or sensory disorders is easy. Theo will only eat white foods, tends to be buried in his own world and melts when he is transitioned too quickly. Steven, in 6th grade, has ADHD, poor organization skills and an attitude that is hard to break through. But, how do we help a child break through the self-regulation issues that limit their achievements?
That was the question I posed to myself twelve years ago. I set out to learn as much as I could about theories, techniques, and research that could help make the lives of these young people much more manageable and promising. I took intensive courses on multi-sensory approaches, sensory integration, self-regulation, yoga, autism, ADHD and became a Certified Autism Specialist in 2016. I have extensive experience adapting these techniques to make them usable in a variety of settings while working closely with teachers, aides, child study professionals and parents.
Join me as I guide you through a broad set of self-regulation interventions culled from my years of research and practice along with strategies for adapting them to your setting. You will leave my program with the essential skills, interventions and strategies to help children find harmony with themselves, their families and the world around them!
You will learn:
- The most effective calming, sensory, motor or behavioral techniques for a given type of behavior
- Peer-to-peer video feedback as a social intervention for children and teens with ASD
- Sleep interventions for children with erratic sleep schedules
- Interventions for Repetitive and Restrictive Behaviors for a child with stereotypy
- Organization strategies for home and school for teenagers with ADHD
- And more!