- This event has passed.
Treating Benign Paroxysmal Positional Vertigo (BPPV): Canalithiasis – Live Webinar
March 15 @ 6:00 pm - 8:00 pm MST
This is a 2 hour webinar designed for physical therapists, physical therapy assistants, occupational therapists, & occupational therapist assistants that are interested in gaining a better understanding of Benign Paroxysmal Positional Vertigo (BPPV). This is an introductory course on the evaluation and treatment of one form of BPPV – canalithiasis, the most common cause of dizziness in adults. Instruction will include anatomy and physiology of the vestibular system, common causes of BPPV, signs and symptoms of BPPV, testing, treatment, and goals.
At the end of this course, the participant will be able to:
- Understand the basic anatomy and physiology of the vestibular system
- Understand the causes, signs, and symptoms of BPPV – canalithiasis
- Perform a basic evaluation for BPPV
- Determine affected canal and decide on treatment plan
- Perform standard treatment for BPPV – canalithiasis
- Establish goals and discharge criteria