- This event has passed.
Trauma-Informed CBT for Children & Adolescents: A Clinical Playbook for Integrating Structure with Client-Centered Flexibility – Live Webinar
April 29, 2022 @ 6:00 am - 2:00 pm MST
Sometimes we struggle to balance individual kids’ needs with implementing evidence based care.
We know evidence-based treatment is an important goal, but statistics and research only go so far if the intervention isn’t the right fit for the child in the room.
Part of the experience of trauma is a sense of loss of control and disempowerment. Traumatized young clients need an active hand in their treatment, and as therapists we must foster this while implementing evidence-based care.
Dr. Amy Marschall, psychologist certified in TF-CBT and expert in evidence-based care for children and adolescents, will teach you how to balance the structure of CBT and the flexibility of a trauma-informed approach, in a way that meets each child’s unique needs.
In this one-day event, you’ll learn to:
- Integrate effective CBT techniques with a trauma-informed approach
- Adapt your approach when you feel “stuck” in treatment
- Gain confidence treating children with histories of trauma
- Choose from a robust arsenal of techniques and tricks that are useful in-themoment
- Reduce trauma-related symptoms: hypervigilance, rumination, people pleasing, dissociation, aggression, and more
- Teach kids concrete therapeutic skills while staying attuned to their traumarelated needs
- Empower kids to take an active role in their treatment!
Don’t miss this opportunity to create your go-to trauma-informed playbook…