- This event has passed.
Therapeutic Taping Strategies for the Upper Extremity – Live Webinar
March 10, 2022 @ 6:00 pm - 8:00 pm MST
This course will incorporate an evidence-based approach using techniques to reduce trigger points and apply neuroplasticity principles to reset pain thresholds. This course will also provide an overview and background on the role of traditional inelastic taping (ie, McConnell taping techniques) and various forms of elastic taping using kinesiology tape for deloading/facilitation/inhibition strategies. There will be a review of the relevant literature produced in this area with an emphasis on cervical and Upper Extremity conditions that are most suited for the use of therapeutic taping including lateral epicondylitis, upper crossed syndrome, carpal tunnel syndrome, rib fractures, and myofascial trigger points. This course will include basic taping techniques for clinicians that are new to taping – but it will also include taping strategies and parameters based on recent literature. A summary table of contemporary research published in the past 15 years will also be provided to all course attendees.
At the end of this course, the participant will be able to:
- Describe the type of tape available (inelastic vs. elastic) for musculoskeletal interventions.
- Explain the contraindications for the use of therapeutic taping application.
- Explain the applications of taping for various conditions such as lateral epicondylalgia, trigger point related pain, and carpal tunnel syndrome.
- Identify appropriate strategies for the use of taping for patients with postural deficits.
- Discuss the role of available evidence as it relates to the clinical practice of therapeutic taping