- This event has passed.
Therapeutic Taping Strategies for the Lower Extremity – Live Webinar
March 31 @ 10:00 am - 12:00 pm MST
This course will provide an overview and background on the role of traditional inelastic taping (eg, McConnell taping techniques) and various forms of elastic taping using therapeutic tape for deloading/facilitation/inhibition strategies. There will be a review of the relevant literature produced in this area with an emphasis on lower extremity conditions that are most suited for the use of therapeutic taping including patellofemoral pain syndrome, lower extremity swelling/lymphatic drainage, achilles tendonitis, foot overpronation, and myofascial trigger points.
Through an integrated format of evidence-based findings and video demonstrations, participants will be able to apply specific taping protocols that can be quickly integrated into practice. Therapeutic tape can be a valuable clinical tool used in conjunction with other treatments and modalities to have immediate positive effects on movement and performance, while reducing pain and improving clinical outcomes for patients, clients, and athletes.
At the end of this course, the participant will be able to:
- Describe the type of tape available (inelastic vs. elastic) for musculoskeletal interventions.
- Explain the contraindications for the use of therapeutic taping applications.
- Recognize the applications of taping for various conditions such as, lower extremity swelling/lymphatic drainage, knee osteoarthritis, and foot overpronation.
- Identify appropriate evidence-based techniques for the use of taping for patients with patellofemoral pain syndrome.
- Discuss the role of available evidence as it relates to the clinical practice of therapeutic taping.