- This event has passed.
The Foot: Functional Evaluation and Treatment for the Active Patient – Live Webinar
April 12, 2022 @ 5:00 pm - 7:00 pm MST
The foot & ankle form a complex system of 28 bones, 33 joints, 112 ligaments- all controlled by 13 extrinsic and 21 intrinsic muscles. We are going to take a journey from the bottom up, looking at how to thoroughly evaluate, diagnose, and treat acute and chronic complaints of the foot for the active patient. This course will equip the provider to have a confident approach to evaluation and treatment of the foot as a whole, and as a tool to improve overall athletic and functional capacity for the person.
At the end of this course, the participant will be able to:
- Define the functional anatomy and biomechanics of the foot.
- Differentiate between primary musculoskeletal disorders of the foot to secondary & tertiary types.
- Explain the primary differences in shoe wear to the active patient and it’s meaning on foot biomechanics.
- Evaluate most musculoskeletal disorders of the foot and/or lower leg.
- Design a treatment plan specific to foot care for most musculoskeletal disorders.