- This event has passed.
Superhero Therapy for Trauma and PTSD: Integrating Pop Culture to Quickly Build Client Trust, Motivation, & Engagement in Therapy – Live Webinar
September 19, 2022 @ 8:00 am - 4:00 pm MST
Earning the trust of trauma survivors is a core task of therapy. Finding ways to open dialogue with teen and adult clients who are not ready to talk about their trauma related symptoms is challenging.
Superhero Therapy (ST) is easy to learn and grounded in science. It’ll help your clients open up about their trauma by empathizing with the pain and suffering of their superhero’s origin story, and by tapping into the strength, compassion, and resilience of that superhero’s journey.
And you don’t need to be a fan of superheroes to use their stories to help your clients.
Join Janina Scarlet, PhD, PTSD and trauma expert, co-founder of Superhero Therapy, author, and TEDx speaker as she teaches you how to use ST to help promote client healing and empowerment while building trust, rapport, motivation, buy-in and engagement in therapy. You’ll be able to:
- Assess client’s pop culture passions as early as the first session
- Integrate ST with trauma treatments you already use, such as CBT, ACT, DBT, EMDR, and narrative therapy
- Understand client’s traumatic experiences through the lens of their favorite character
- Help clients take control of their destiny instead of being controlled by their past
- Find the vocabulary and the skills to process traumatic experiences
- Help clients use metaphors and examples to convey what they are going through
- Meet your client’s needs even if you are not familiar with their pop culture references
- Foster post-traumatic growth in clients to engage in treatment-related practices
Inspired by fictional characters your clients will find strength to prevail, ways of coping with adversity, and meaning in loss and trauma. Register today!