- This event has passed.
Special Education Law in Arizona: Skillfully Navigate Cutting-Edge Legal Issues for the 2022 School Year! – Live Webinar
April 8, 2022 @ 11:00 am - 6:30 pm MST
While schools regain normalcy, the impact of COVID-19 will be felt in special education long after schools return to regular class schedules.
Are you prepared to offer the significant shifts needed in almost every aspect of education in 2022 to the post-COVID-19 learner?
In this fast-pasted, informative, and entertaining training, nationally recognized education law litigator and law professor John B. Comegno, II, Esq., will provide practical suggestions to help you skillfully navigate cutting-edge special education legal issues for the current school year, including how to:
- Smartly and effectively address the negative impact of virtual and hybrid instruction to avoid or limit legal claims
- Make-up lost learning time and enable learning progress for our most disabled students
- Embrace what worked during COVID-19, while addressing learning loss and planning for the future
Attend and discover the answers to some of the most urgent questions for the 2022 school year, including:
- Do you need to provide more services to “make up” for hybrid/virtual learning?
- Why does Child Find meal more now, than ever?
- What is “COVID-19-LD” eligibility, and how to avoid it through best practices?
- Does “long-COVID-19” automatically require IEPs or Section 504 plans?
- What worked well last year, and why we should embrace some change?
- How to most effectively defend “comp ed” claims?
- What is the most important legal issue to consider while re-opening school this year?
- Is SEL different now, and what does that mean for the future of instruction?
A cursory knowledge of the law or applying common sense does not begin to protect school districts and professionals against the potential legal and financial consequences of misinterpreting special education regulations. Register today!