- This event has passed.
Simply Splinting – Live Webinar
March 23, 2022 @ 6:00 pm - 8:00 pm MST
Participants will learn the basic guidelines for successful static splint fabrication. Instruction will include anatomy landmarks, basic design principles and material selection, pattern making, patient instruction, and demonstration of splint fabrication. Therapists completing this course will have the necessary skills to successfully complete 3 of the most commonly prescribed orthosis for patient care. Course will include lecture, demonstration, and follow along pattern making (lab).
At the end of this course, the participant will be able to:
- Identify when a patient will benefit from 3 basic static splints/orthoses: wrist cock-up, resting hand splint, and mallet splint.
- Understand how to complete a pattern for fabrication of these splints while identifying proper anatomy landmarks.
- Identify diagnoses that may benefit from above orthosis.
- Have the tools to fabricate the splints confidently in the clinic.
- Discuss the wear/care instructions with clients for proper use.