- This event has passed.
Reflex Integration – Webinar
October 11, 2022 @ 8:00 am - 3:00 pm MST
Children with and without existing diagnoses are presenting with sensory and motor challenges due to persistent primitive reflexes. These children present with coordination, balance, and motor challenges that influence their ability to fully engage in meaningful play. Due to the influence on motor development, the presence of reflexes also influences a child’s ability to fully participate in their home and school environments.
This relevant course emphasizes the need to evaluate the presence of reflexes, motor development, and sensory differences to develop an effective plan of treatment. Various hands-on opportunities to trial assessment tools and intervention strategies will be provided. We will also discuss the best practices for documenting treatment to support high impact interventions and illustrate the need for therapy services. This course is designed for physical therapists, occupational therapists, and speech-language pathologists who work with children to develop additional solutions to influence motor development and skill acquisition.
*Hands on lab will be modified for Web based delivery formats into recorded demonstrations
- Effective, evidence-based interventions for all sensory domains
- Differentiating problematic sensory vs. motor difficulties using effective approaches to address persistent reflexes
- Interactive assessment strategies of reflexes and predict the influence on
- Evidence-supported treatments to influence activity performance and integration of reflexes
- Fun, engaging ways to address sensory and motor domains to improve functional performance