- This event has passed.
Polyvagal Theory for Children: Practical Application to Build Safety, Create Attachment & Develop Connection – Live Webinar
January 14 @ 12:00 pm - 3:30 pm MST
Do you know therapists who seem to have “the magic touch” when it comes to getting children to trust and connect with them?
What if there are actual behaviors that you can learn and incorporate into your way of being with children that can solicit openness, relaxation and trust?
Join Dafna Lender, LCSW, for this compelling 3-hour workshop, as she walks you through the complexities of using polyvagal theory with your young clients. Using your own social engagement system and tuning into the child’s physiological state you’ll learn:
- Regulating and calming techniques for more curiosity, openness & connection
- How sending safety messages to brains of mistrusting kids will make them more open to new relational experiences
- To use voice, rhythm, facial expressions and touch to elicit trust
- To surprise the brain of a defensive child with novel responses to grab attention, interrupt their automatic defensiveness, and generate curiosity
- Exercises and activities to make shut down, guarded or angry clients feel more relaxed, open and ready to connect
If you’re working with kids – you don’t want to miss this opportunity. Sign up today!