- This event has passed.
Neuroscience for Clinicians: New Brain Science for Trauma, Anxiety, Depression and Substance Abuse – Live Webinar
November 29, 2022 @ 5:00 am - 1:00 pm MST
Neuroscience has given us incredible insights into the workings of the brain and its connection to our mental health. Recent research reveals that neuroplasticity takes place all through life, so you can offer hope for real change no matter how long your client has suffered. But talking to your clients about their brain and what’s happening inside it is often difficult or overwhelming.
Learning how to not only communicate with clients about the brain but what specifically is going on inside of theirs has immense value in improving interventions and client compliance. Making neuroscience a must have in every clinician’s toolbox when looking for creating lasting change.
In this workshop you will participate in enjoyable learning experiences that provide you with the clear principles and background you need for utilizing neuroscience in your work. You will learn:
- Ways to talk with your client about what’s going on in their brain
- How to refine interventions and learn new ones through brain science
- The ways that therapy and relationships help regulate stress
- How and where neuroplasticity occurs, and ways to use it therapeutically
- Strategies for using CBT, DBT, mindfulness, and Polyvagal Theory to overcome resistance, activate creative responses, and turn problems into potentials
- Ways to add new dimensions to each therapy session and initiate lasting change using top-down, bottom-up, and horizontal methods
Easily and confidently incorporate these effective neuroscience techniques and tools into your very next treatment session!