- This event has passed.
Mastering Differential Diagnosis with the DSM-5-TR™: A Symptom-Based Approach – Live Webinar
May 9 @ 6:00 am - 2:00 pm MST
A recent study found that more than a third of all diagnoses assigned to individuals with severe mental disorders include errors, and over half of clients with major depressive disorders are incorrectly diagnosed. Such errors in diagnosis can greatly harm clients by preventing them from receiving proper treatment. Fortunately, most of these errors are easily preventable in the first place, and that’s where the DSM-5-TR and this webinar can help!
Using a differential diagnosis process with every client and applying the updated diagnostic criteria sets and specifiers for mental disorders in the DSM-5-TR, the latest version of the DSM manual, will improve the professionals’ accuracy in diagnosis and help prevent missed diagnoses.
This advanced seminar is designed specifically for mental health professionals seeking to master clinical differential diagnosis using the DSM-5-TR, the ICD-10 and online assessment tools. Case examples and studies are provided throughout – giving you the opportunity to learn and practice a symptoms-based, four-step diagnostic method. In this workshop you will also learn:
- Key symptoms for each diagnosis
- Common differential diagnoses
- DSM-5-TR additions to the DSM-5
- Frequent comorbid disorders of anxiety, depressive, trauma-related, substance-related, psychotic, and neurodevelopmental disorders
- How to conduct an effective diagnostic intake interview
- Online assessment tools to narrow diagnosis and potential comorbidities
Get caught up with the latest diagnoses and codes in the new DSM-5-TR!
Don’t forget to have your DSM-5-TR manual handy!