- This event has passed.
Managing Overuse Injuries in the Overhead Athlete: Strategies for Rehab and Injury Prevention – Live Webinar
January 12 @ 6:00 pm - 8:00 pm MST
This 2 hour webinar is designed for Physical Therapists, Physical Therapist Assistants, Occupational Therapists, Occupational Therapy Assistants, Athletic Trainers & Strength coaches who work with any type of overhead athlete. Through both a lecture based format and the incorporation of video, this course will assist the participant with recognizing and assessing common injuries in the overhead athlete and designing evidence-based rehab programs for their patients and athletes. Participants will gain a better understanding of how to use screening and assessment tools to detect asymmetry. Finally, the participant will gain better insight into the management of related overuse injuries, and see how to integrate rehab and performance training for optimal health and future injury prevention.
At the end of this course, the participant will be able to:
- Recognize and assess common injuries in the overhead athlete
- Be able to design evidence-based rehab programs
- Implement corrective and preventive exercise strategies to reduce overuse injuries.
- Understand how to use screening and assessment tools to detect asymmetry
- Understand the current research on throwing mechanics