Interventions for Children with Limited or Absent Verbal Communication – Webinar
October 26 @ 1:00 pm - 3:00 pm MST
This course will review the components of visual supports/tools as strategies for improving client participation. In addition, we will review the fundamentals of Augmentative Alternative Communication (AAC) to better engage clients with limited/absent verbal communication. The functions of behavior combined with the completion of a reinforcer assessment will improve client motivation and strengthen the rapport between therapist and client. The course will review the importance of considering sensory integration dysfunction as an integral area to be addressed in collaboration with the occupational therapist. This workshop will give therapists an understanding of the complex needs of our clients with Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD) and help create an inclusive and multi-disciplinary approach to treatment.
- Immediately improve your clients’ functional communication skills using practical techniques
- Practical behavioral strategies for therapy and evaluation sessions that you can use the next day
- Examine how sensory integration, behavior management, and functional communication needs affect your client’s performance in therapy
- Effective, evidence-based tools to help build compliance & client engagement during sessions
- Increase understanding of the complex needs of our clients diagnosed with Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD)