Emotional Eating, Chronic Dieting, Bingeing and Body Image: What Every Clinician Needs to Know – Live Webinar
December 5 @ 6:00 am - 2:00 pm MST
“I’m too fat.” “I’m on a diet.” “Today is a cheat day.” Once I lose weight, I’ll be happier.” “My eating is out of control.”
This kind of language runs rampant in our society and has no doubt made its way to your office. Clients who struggle with weight and food issues get caught in a vortex of shame, preoccupation and hopelessness. Trapped between the rigidity of dieting and the chaos of overeating, every day can be an emotional battle that may exacerbate or even result in low self-worth, eating disorders, anxiety or depression.
Treatment of these issues is more than a matter of weight loss or self-control. In fact, many times these very interventions do more harm than good!
Join Judith Matz as she shows you how to help your clients identify the shame that is woven into the diet-binge cycle, challenge unhelpful thoughts and feelings, and repair dysfunctional relationships with food – no willpower necessary!
Packed with practical tips and backed by research, this comprehensive 1 day seminar will teach you how to:
- Identify issues related to food, weight and body image in your very first session.
- Utilize CBT, mindfulness and attuned eating strategies to transform shame into empowerment.
- Discover personal bias and attitudes that may be counterproductive to the therapeutic process.
- Help clients develop a healthy framework that ends out of control eating and is not subject to fad diets.
- Learn why clients get stuck in the diet/binge cycle and how to finally break it.
Sign up today!