- This event has passed.
Autism: De-Escalate Meltdowns and Diffuse Explosive Behaviors in Children and Adolescents – Live Webinar
March 24 @ 7:00 am - 3:00 pm MST
Do you work with children and adolescents with autism who exhibit explosive behaviors that interfere with their ability to effectively and efficiently navigate their environment? They appear willful, obnoxious, over reactive, and unfeeling. They lose control of their ability to cope or regulate their behavior, which can send them spiraling into a gut wrenching meltdown.
Join autism expert Kathy Morris, M.Ed., B.S., for this live seminar and learn proven strategies and techniques to help children and adolescents with autism de-escalate before a full blown meltdown ensues, develop self-control and self-management skills to prevent future meltdowns and learn appropriate/replacement behaviors. Dozens of strategies will be taught through dynamic video case examples and demonstrations. “Teach them in the way they learn” will be a mantra throughout the seminar.
Walk away from this live seminar with these interventions and more:
- Breathe card and emotions chart to develop self-control and self-management skills
- Surprise cards, change of schedule cues and transition markers to alleviate anxiety
- Video modeling and role playing to improve social/emotional communication
- First person stories and visual cues to promote positive behavior
- Visual cues, music and software designed to increase attention and focus
- Social stories, social scripts and emotions charts to develop self-regulation
- SOCCSS, keychain rules and t-charts to target challenging behaviors