- This event has passed.
Assistive Technology—Just One Thing (AT-JOT) Register For The Lunch Or After-School Session.
February 8 @ 11:30 am - 12:00 pm MST
What in the Word? Microsoft’s Free Immersive Reader
Immersive Reader is a free reading enhancement tool available in Office 365 that will work with Word, OneNote, and Outlook. It is built into the Edge browser and can also be installed as an extension for the Chrome browser to read the text of any website.
How does Immersive Reader help?
Immersive Reader helps students who are struggling to read text online by making it easy to:
- Change font size, text spacing, and background color
- Split words into syllables
- Highlight verbs, nouns, adjectives, and sub-clauses
- Choose between fonts optimized to help with reading
- Highlight text as it is read aloud
- Change the voices and speed of reading
- And more
Come to this session to find out why we are so excited about Immersive Reader.