- This event has passed.
Art Therapy-Based Toolbox: Creative Techniques for Children and Adolescents with ODD, ADHD, Anxiety and Mood Disorders – Live Webinar
June 23, 2020 @ 6:00 am - 2:00 pm MST
Do you work with challenging children and teens who seem resistant to every intervention you offer? Are they stuck, repeating the same patterns over and over and you feel like you’re powerless to help them?
Join Jan Bush, ED.S., ATR-BC, as she teaches you art therapy-based interventions that can complement and strengthen your professional toolbox. You will learn how to creatively engage your most resistant clients who have ODD, ADHD, anxiety and mood disorders.
Through demonstration and hands-on activities you will:
- Meet requirements for mental health preparation for school personnel
- Understand what children and adolescents are communicating through their artwork
- Explore strategies to help process feelings to minimize outbursts and acting out behaviors
- Enrich your professional toolbox with the confidence and ethical practice of using appropriate art materials, supplies and directives
- Identify cognitive and emotional levels of development through drawings
- Learn how to make a counseling session fun and engaging
- Understand how to deal with drawings that portray dangerous themes
- Learn how to use Artwork to increase communication and emotional regulation
- Delve into strategies that help kids feel comfortable sharing and releasing repressed emotions
Make counseling sessions more engaging and fun!