- This event has passed.
AAC Training & Implementation: Getting AAC Users & Families Started With Their New DDD Device
May 21, 2016 @ 8:30 am - 4:45 pm MST
This one day, intensive workshop is designed for SLPs, OTs and PTs contracted through Northern Arizona University to provide Augmentative Communication Evaluation and Training Services for DDD clients. However, therapists in private and/or school based practice and teachers working with students who have communication devices are also welcome to attend.
Agenda topics will include:
- Overview of the current Division of Developmental Disabilities (DDD) Augmentative Communication Program.
- Using the AAC Evaluation Report recommendations as the foundation for implementing device use.
- Setting up and customizing language systems on dedicated devices; communication apps on IOS devices.
- Access settings for message displays, scanning methods or eye gaze options; selecting appropriate device mounting systems.
- Strategies for instructing the DDD client & family members in basic device use.
- Specific information about product features and implementation strategies will be provided by representatives from PRC, Saltillo and TobiiDynavox.
- Resource binders will be provided for participants.