- This event has passed.
2-Day Workshop: EMDR Therapy for Child and Adolescent Trauma: Safely Process Traumatic Events, Restore Trust and Rebuild Healthy Attachment – Live Webinar
July 24 @ 7:00 am - July 25 @ 3:00 pm MST
Treating traumatized kids can be overwhelming. Their intense emotions, challenging behaviors, and pain are compounded by a lack of trust in others…even those they want most to be loved by.
But with EMDR therapy, you can provide the sense of safety and security they need to heal.
That’s why highly respected EMDR therapist, trainer, and author Megan Boardman developed her comprehensive training program. Over 2 days, you’ll broaden your EMDR skills so you can help children safely process and integrate traumatic events, reduce their most distressing symptoms, and build their sense of self and trust in others.
Megan has successfully taught thousands of therapists how to get the most from EMDR therapy. Now with this accessible in-depth training full of step-by-step guidance and real-life case studies, she’ll give you the tools and strategies you need to:
- Identify even hard-to-find symptoms of trauma in children and adolescents.
- Adapt the 8-phase EMDR therapy protocol for improved outcomes.
- Guide clients past the fear, shame, and guilt that can obstruct healing.
- Engage easily triggered kids who struggle to get through sessions.
- Build children’s ability to express and regulate their emotions.
- Customize your approach to meet your client’s developmental needs.
- Treat a variety of traumas, including physical abuse, sexual abuse, and neglect.
- Enhance clients’ self-esteem and understanding of themselves and their experiences.
- And much more!
Don’t miss this chance to feel more prepared to walk alongside young clients so they can thrive on their journey toward a brighter future.