- This event has passed.
2-Day Intensive Training: Cognitive Processing Therapy: An Evidence-Based Approach to Treat PTSD and Related Conditions – Live Webinar
April 27 @ 6:00 am - April 28 @ 2:00 pm MST
Endorsed by the U.S. Departments of Veterans Affairs and Defense, the International Society of Traumatic Stress Studies, and the U.K. National Institute for Health and Care Excellence (NICE) as a best practice for the treatment of PTSD, Cognitive Processing Therapy (CPT) is an evidence-based approach to treating trauma that helps clients:
- Understand why recovery from traumatic events is difficult and how symptoms affect daily life
- Reduce distress related to memories of the trauma
- Decrease emotional numbing and avoidance of trauma reminders
- Improve day-to-day living by decreasing depression, anxiety, guilt or shame
Presented by CPT co-developer Dr. Kathleen Chard, this 2-day intensive training will encompass every step of this highly structured, 12-session cognitive treatment approach from start to finish, complete with opportunities to practice, ask questions, and receive constructive feedback from both your peers and Dr. Chard herself.
Designed to prepare you to use CPT right away, this training will equip you with session-by-session instructions, scripts, worksheets, and handouts to help move your clients from suffering and despair to hope and healing. You’ll learn:
- The who, when and how of CPT
- Powerful cognitive restructuring skills to help clients overcome ways of thinking that keep them “stuck”
- Effective ways to utilize structure and consistency to help clients become their own CPT therapist
- How to help clients release themselves from shame, guilt and blame about the trauma
- And more!
Don’t miss this opportunity to train with one of the leading trauma experts in the field – sign up today!
The CPT Manual is FREE with Registration ($38 value!)
Included in your registration is your own copy of Cogntive Processing Therapy for PTSD. It will be shipped to you after checkout. When you click “Add to Cart” be sure to select “Add Bundle to the Cart” to ensure the book is included with your registration.
You can get FREE SHIPPING for the book by adding promo code “CPTSHIP” on the Shipping Info screen at checkout in the “Discount Code” box on the right side of the screen.
**Please note: You will NOT have access to an archived version of this webinar after the program has ended.**