UNDERSTANDING DIFFICULT & AGGRESSIVE BEHAVIORS
December 21 @ 9:30 am - 4:30 pm MST
Participants completing this course will be able to:
1) outline, in the areas of stress, emotional regulation, and anger, the role of the
frontal lobes and limbic areas.
2) discriminate between angry feelings and aggressive behaviors.
3) list, in children, adolescents, and adults, the causes and management of aggressive
behaviors in patients.
4) determine how to cope with difficult, angry, and aggressive behaviors in patients.
5) examine – in managing difficult and angry behaviors – body language and verbal
6) describe how information in this course can be utilized to improve patient care and
7) describe, for this course, the implications for dentistry, mental health, and other