- This event has passed.
Disruptive Behaviors in the Classroom: Quick “On the Spot” Social-Emotional Learning and Behavior Interventions That Get Big Results!
December 14 @ 6:00 am - 2:00 pm MST
Everyone who works in the field of education encounters students who have difficulty managing their emotions and behavior. These children quickly shut down, become disengaged or unmotivated and act out disrupting the classroom, which gets in the way of everyone’s learning. These students need concrete emotional and behavioral interventions to support their social-emotional learning (SEL) development for social and academic success.
This comprehensive one-day live webcast provides practical SEL solutions to build the mindsets, skills, and necessary supports to help young people manage their emotions, cope with challenges, and demonstrate perseverance to attain goals and healthy behaviors.
Watch and equip yourself with evidence-based intervention strategies and instructional practices to build self-awareness, self-regulation, social awareness, relationship-building and responsible decision-making skills to help your students:
- Build healthy mindsets, increase engagement, motivation and decision-making skills
- Invest in positive behavior and learning changes, including effective group work
- Self-regulate emotions and reduce conflicts
- Cope with challenges and decrease emotional distress
- Reduce conduct problems and risk-taking behaviors
- Stop shutting-down and reduce non-compliant behavior
- Maintain positive social behaviors and relationships with peers and adults
- Attain and maintain goals and healthy learning habits
- Improve test scores, grades and attendance
Through interactive activities and video demonstrations you will leave this webcast inspired with a wealth of highly proactive and effective strategies to transform the social-emotional health of your classroom. You will immediately be able to help your students develop responsibility for their own behavior and learning and contribute to a positive classroom environment!