- This event has passed.
Complex Feeding Issues: Sensory, Motor & Behavior Techniques for Autism, Cerebral Palsy & Other Developmental Delays
February 1 @ 7:00 am - 3:00 pm MST
Do you work with special needs children who cry or scream, throw food, refuse to sit at a table and eat, or refuse to try new foods? Do you know children who eat only a limited number of foods or only eat the same food over and over? Is going to a restaurant out of the question for the families you work with?
Watch this live webcast to get the strategies you need to make mealtimes more peaceful and positive!
You will learn much more than the sensory issues causing these feeding difficulties; we will examine behavior issues as well as oral motor difficulties. Through the use of video case examples, I will show you treatment strategies, demonstrations, and hands on exercises to gain the knowledge needed to successfully treat feeding difficulties in children with Autism, Cerebral Palsy and more.
Walk away with advanced techniques to:
- Evaluate the causes of mealtime difficulties: behavior, sensory, oral motor, or a combination
- Increase range of foods, decrease food jags
- Blend motor and sensory to address feeding delays in cerebral palsy
- Increase jaw strength and decrease ineffective lip closure, or poor tongue lateralization
- Use deep breathing and proprioceptive input to address self-regulation at the table
- Develop tactile, auditory and smell to increase participation for kids w/decreased vision or cortical impairment
- Educate parents and caregivers to promote carryover at home